Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverting and noninverting mosfet drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

manishanand14

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone!

Please provide me some explanation about inverting and noninverting mosfet drivers.

Can I use them interchangebly?

TL5001 buck.png

Can I use TPS2829 instead of TPS2817 to increase the input voltage range in the given circuit?

Also can I replace the given p-channel MOSFET IRF7406 with a suitable n-channel MOSFET in the given ckt.?

Can I use them interchangebly?
No. The present circuit demands a non-inverting driver, by TL5001 output signal polarity.
Can I use TPS2829 instead of TPS2817 to increase the input voltage range in the given circuit?
No, because they have the same driver output voltage rating of 14V. An additional input pullup resistor would be needed with TPS2829.
can I replace the given p-channel MOSFET IRF7406 with a suitable n-channel MOSFET in the given ckt.?
Not easily. N-channel MOSFET requires a bootstrap driver with suitable start-up circuit.

No. The present circuit demands a non-inverting driver, by TL5001 output signal polarity.
Is it necessary to use a non-inverting driver with a p-channel MOSFET and vice versa.

Can I use UCC27519 instead of TPS2817.

Many drivers offer inverting and noninverting inputs with
A*!B logic. Then you can use them in whatever polarity
your larger assembly wants.

You'd want to be looking more at the subtleties, such as
what the output does during undervoltage lockout (keep
your power switches off, or the totem pole such that the
inductor sees zero voltage / current, is a good idea if you
like to not burn things out at startup).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back