Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to import object from pro-Eng 2001 to HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I would appreciate if anyone would tell me how to import the Pro-engineer 2001 object to HFSS 9.1. Which type of file need to be export in Pro-Engineer 2001 to HFSS 9.1?

Best Regards,
LE ^.^

I am not an expert on pro-e, but from my experience of import/export, SAT is the best format, can you export SAT from pro-e? HFSS v9.1 will take SAT v8. Failing this, try STEP, I would recommend avoiding IGES - too crude for EM simulators.

Matt

Other possible format are:

.GDS
.DXF
.DWG (auto cad format)

I wonder if those are not as good as SAT though.

I tried to import the STEP format from ProE wildfire into HFSS v9.2 before. It seems there are some problems for the imported 3D modeling. I was told that HFSS v10 can heal the imported structure, but never try it before.

By the way, if the structure drawn in ProE is very complicated, it seems it will take hundreds of hours to simulate it. Maybe doing some simplification for the model before import is necessary.

I've tried the .dwg and it imports correctly into HFSS.
But I still haven't done myself to export/import different layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back