Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

$G antenna specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

majidmad

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
4G antenna specifications

Hi friends
I'm going to design an MIMO antenna for cellphone that is suitable for 4G cellular systems. But I have some vague that I looked for a lot and found nothing. Would you please give me a clue for following issues:
1. What is the frequency and frequency range for UL and DL in LTE-Advanced (4G). I found that the spectrum flexibility for LTE release 10 are:
• 450–470 MHz band
• 698–862 MHz band
• 790–862 MHz band
• 2.3–2.4 GHz band
• 3.4–4.2 GHz band
• 4.4–4.99 GHz band
So what does that mean? Should we design an antenna in one of the aferomentioned frequency ranges or it should cover all ?

2. How much is the required bandwidth for LTE-Advanced in designing the antenna. As I found the minimum is 40 MHz and the maximum limit is 100 MHz. But some articles mentioned this bandwidth will provide by Carrier Aggregation of 2 up to 5, 20 MHz contiguous spectrum. So how much bandwidth should we consider in our design? 20 MHz (same before?) or 40 MHz ?
3. As some articles mentioned it required at most 8\[\times\]8 MIMO. Locating 8 antennas on cellphone is impossible. I need to know that is it possible to locate 2 antennas on cellphone and support the required bit rate in 4G or we need at least 4 antennas?

So appreciated.

Well not a very technical guy I am but I am using LTE technology in mobile. Long Term Evolution (LTE) is new revolutionary concept in mobile internet.
I think it should cover all because different service providers uses different frequencies to provide services of 4G like AT&T uses 700 Band 17, 1700/2100 MHz, Verizon uses 700, 1700/2100 MHz etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back