Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop battery pinout question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingram010

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

I have an amilo laptop which no longer has a power connector and so cannot be powered up nor can the battery pack be charged, the input socket was damaged so I tried to fix it by permanently wiring the laptop to the power adapter, unfortunately I got the polarity wrong and fried something :oops:. Thankfully the laptop still works using the battery pack. So I am looking for a way to power the laptop from the adapter using the battery connections on the back. here is a description of the pin out which I found here **broken link removed** :-

(-)
(-)
SCL
SDA
Х.З.
(+)
(+)

I have tried applying the correct 11.5v to the relevant pins, with the correct polarity :lol:.

Please can someone help me understand what the SCL,SDA and X.3. pins are for.

Many thanks

John

SCL and SCA must be for a serial interface (clock and data lines), most likely I2C. No idea what X.3. means.

Status
Not open for further replies.