Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heating up mosfets in an inverter while charging with the same inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam1145

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
am trying to build an inverter of 3.5kva,so far it is working but not up satisfaction because my transformer first of all was heating up seriously when charging then i replaced it with a higher rating next the mosfets started heating also beyond normal, now i am stock i need help don't know what to do next,.am using irf150[2x6] pieces and sg3524 for the oscillation...

Not enough information.

What voltage? What current? What frequency? What circuit? What load?

Heat liberation is due to high current flowing in your circuit better post the current ratings for maximum help

Also do check whether the leakage current is properly grounded this can cause some problems

Heat liberation is due to high current flowing in your circuit better post the current ratings for maximum help

Also do check whether the leakage current is properly grounded this can cause some problems

24vdc input
50hz
about 2000w load

- - - Updated - - -

24vdc
50hz
modified sine wave
about 2000w load

24vdc input
50hz
about 2000w load

What's your output voltage and current? "2000w load" doesn't tell us anything; is that 2000 Volts at 1 amp, or 1 volt at 2000 amps?

The IRF150 is rated for 24AMPs. At that current it will dissipate about 30 Watts of heat, due to Rds on of about .05 ohms.

220230vac
about 20amps

am trying to build an inverter of 3.5kva,so far it is working but not up satisfaction because my transformer first of all was heating up seriously when charging then i replaced it with a higher rating next the mosfets started heating also beyond normal, now i am stock i need help don't know what to do next,.am using irf150[2x6] pieces and sg3524 for the oscillation...
24vdc
50hz
modified sine wave
about 2000w load
220230vac
about 20amps

- - - Updated - - -

i mean 220vac as both input for charging and output from inverter
output with a curent of about 20amps
2x12v battery of 200ah] to give 24v 200ah

20 amps X 220 volts is 4400 watts, but your previous post said 2000W. That's a big difference.

But consider, you are going to have 20 amps flowing through your MOSFETs (whatever your configuration is) and those MOSFETs will dissipate heat.

The higher the current flowing through your device more heat will be dissipated

You will need a heat sink to control it entirely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back