Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] May be color Lcd and Microntroller Don't like each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

tushki7

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I have interfaced many small color lcd's(like nokia 6610, 1600) with microcontrollers(p89v51rd2@40mhz, at89s52, msp430g2553 @16mhz). I was able to get them work in 8-bit, 12-bit, 16-bit color modes, the problem is when i fill whole screen with some color it takes some time say 3/4th sec. I tried every possible thing to get some fps but no luck so I concluded that " May be color Lcd and Microntroller Don't like each other " :p
So I know now that these MCU's are not powerful enough, I want to know which Microcontrollers can do this job. I want a fair >20 fps on my color lcd.
These color lcd uses 9-bit mode so one can easily conclude these will work slower then one which takes data parallely like nokia E51.
Two things i want to know which MCU can be used with these lcd's.
Which lcd is good enough to give such good Fps say >30.

Thank you.
Have a Great Day!!!

Microchip have some PICs with a built in graphics controller module for small TFT and STN panels, I don't know if that would do the job. For instance, the PIC24FJ256DA210.

Microchip have some PICs with a built in graphics controller module for small TFT and STN panels, I don't know if that would do the job. For instance, the PIC24FJ256DA210.

Hello FoxyRick,
I know some Pics have inbuilt Lcd/Graphics controller and many other MCU's like LPC too have that, The problem is I cant try all of them. So if someone have already tried such kind of MCU's please share their Experience.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.