Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guidelines for a printed antenna Final year project

Status
Not open for further replies.

theone23

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm a senior EE student and i was given a final year project in the field of antenna communications. i seek your help regarding how to start doing this project.

The goal of my project to develop and manufacture a printed antenna for WLAN applications using Agilent's ADS.
the printed antenna should operate at the 2.4-2.5 GHZ band and a Beam Steering of 30 to 60 angle using varactors.

I've done some research and read some articles, but i still don't i have an idea how to approach this project.
can you guys please give some general guidelines how to start this project?

THANKS! :smile:

you would probably need to come up with a design for an antenna for your operating range of 2.4-2.5G, most probably it would be a patch antenna . If it has beamsteering most probably it would be an array of antenna with a way to control the feeding of the patches (Not too sure bout varactors do share with us if you know what it does for beam forming) . You would probably need to run some simulation on ADS or other software to verify if your results do meet your expectation and then fabricating it. Pretty sure you would have come across the book Antenna Theory: Analysis and Design,3rd Edition by Balanis for some design principles.

I'm working also on msa, my goal is multiband and have got resonance at 1.5 2.4 3.5 on 40x40mm substrat, proximity couple method is using to feed for 50 ohm, but I'm stuck to reach a good bw for 1.5 :D

I try to design new project for UWB on 24x24mm duroid 5880, can anyone share how the best technique to design, I still confuse how to bring the wave down to match on return loss <-10dB :roll: hehe, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back