Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST: choose smaller area in temporal monitor (.t3D) using VBA-code

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonasa

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CST: choose smaller area in temporal monitor (.t3D) using VBA-code or MatLab

Hello!

I have rather big area of calculation and a I have temporal monitor. I need export many files (with monitor time step) that contains all coordinates and all field components.

Template Based Postprocessing doesn't help because it exports only 1 file, even if I set time sweep. But it can evaluate volume you need.

I have VBA-code, that exports many samples from temporal monitor. If the sample is big - it is impossible to work (beside I don't need hole volume of calculation). I want to extract smaller volume from temporal monitor and after that export it in a file. Is it possible?

Also I'd like to ask if it's possible to have an access to the field monitor in matlab, choose time position in .t3D (monitor file) and area that I want to export?

Heeeelp

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Re: CST: choose smaller area in temporal monitor (.t3D) using VBA-code or MatLab

So, don't tell that it is not possible. Support doesn't give any advice connected with VBA (or matlab) code. On their forum noone answers. So, it seems to me that it should be obvious to make a possibility to evaluate field in a smaller area. It is done in Templ.Bas.Postproc. but it's impossible to evaluate there all (or an array) of Time Samples.
Isn't that idiotic if it's impossible to do such things.
OMG

You have to write your own VBA script. There is details on how to do that in the program files. (C:/Program Files / CST / Online Help -> Vba).

It gives you all you need to control CST. Get it working for timesample->1 then turn it into a for loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back