Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power factor meter design nd construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

manasusman

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i wanna ask about the availability of current transformer and voltage transformer in the market as i need it in low voltage assembly i.e 25 volts ac. actually i need to make power factor meter which require a current transformer and a voltage transformer, each of which gives waveform out of which zero crossing point will be extracted using op-amp and then ultimately using microcontroller calculate the power factor. Is this the good concept if not then would u suggest some other method plxxxx.

tell us the voltage range and power range of the setup i feel that all things are available in the market

the ratings are available online try to check it out for your setup

voltage range for potential transformer is 25/5v and for current it would not be more than .1A
these ratings are required for the op-amps i would have to use for this circuit.....is it an operating plan???

you need a transformer having turns ratio of 5V i think it is available in the market

PS the second part of the description is Greek and Latin to me so kindly bare with me

Status
Not open for further replies.