Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter overload circuit diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmtech

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls can any one help me with an inverter overload circuit diagrams, pls if there is any. mail to fmtech83@yahoo.com

Hi Fmtech
pls can any one help me with an inverter overload circuit diagrams, pls if there is any. mail to fmtech83@yahoo.com
Certainly , but what kind of inverter you are referring to ? the word inverter has many meanings , such as a digital gate , or perhaps a sine wave inverter , or perhaps ... etc , you should mention it clearly .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

I assume that you mean a power inverter (DC to AC "step-up" converter).

You would need a means of sensing the current. You can use a shunt for this or a current transformer or a hall-effect sensor.

A hall-effect sensor may be best, but is likely to be very expensive.
You can use a shunt, but keep in mind, the voltage and power loss introduced.

To get an indication of the current, measure the voltage from the sensor (whichever you decide to use) and compare against a reference (voltage you will get at maximum load/current). Voltages may be low and amplification may or may not be needed.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back