Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mountain lion ssh display distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

djgeto

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I recently bought a MBP retina labtop for work which has Mountain lion OS X.
The thing is "Cadence library manager" looks like its displaying on the left half and also in a wrong color(red?).
Screen Shot 2012-08-31 at 3.30.12 PM.png

To isolate from any other problems I did checked it does have same problem on other Mountain lion computer.
I also tried running it on a lower version of OS-X with lower version of X11 which I had been using for years and its ok.
Even from a Linux ubuntu there no problem.

Could it be XQuartz(X11) problem? mac problem?

Anyone any idea?

Thank you in advance,
Bryce Lee

Last edited:

This type of problem is commonly due to the new OS doing something a different way from the old OS.

Now Cadence tries to call a particular function which affects the screen display, and maybe the function is no longer available.

Etc.

The usual advice says to check whether an updated version of Cadence has been issued, to correct the problem.

Have you checked whether the problem occurs at all screen resolutions?

Sometimes a problem happens due to a corrupted Preferences file. Or maybe an old preference is inhibiting some change you wish to make. The cure is to find the Preferences for your program, and trash it. The program will create a new preference file.

I recognize MBP is MacBook Pro. Mountain Lion is the recent OS X version. X11 is a programming add-on. Quartz is a newer display interface since Carbon (I believe).

If you wish, you can try an older OS with the new X11. And vice versa. See how it affects Cadence.

Can you select a different mode than Quartz in Cadence?

Can you attach an external monitor and see if the problem still occurs?

Can you start up your laptop from an external drive (Firewire?) using the same OS (or maybe an older OSX), and see if the problem still occurs?

Does the problem occur when another program is running? A graphics program maybe? A browser running animation?

Etc.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back