Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge amplifier switch (two RL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisal78

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ScreenHunter_09 Aug. 29 09.31.jpg

Hi, the picture above is a simplified H-Bridge amplifier driving a single RL load (speaker) in my case.
Now, what I am trying to do is I have two different speakers (RL) which I am trying to drive, only one at any one time, RL1 or RL2.
I'd figure since its pulsing high currents when switching, I will need some kind of MOSFET, would a P-Channel MOSFET work if I put 4 of them between the loads?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling that MOSFET will not work becasue, it can only "ON" half the cycle, i.e. IL+ and will turn off in IL- because of the Vgs of the MOSFET.

If I had to hook up a lot of mosfets in a way that works, it would give me a headache.

Did you rule out using a switch to select one or the other speaker?

Using either method in this diagram:

32_1346207168.png

The spdt that I had found both did not support voltages (9v) switching that I am using and also it had high series resistance which would degrade the efficiency of the amplifier

Hi Brad, the ones you proposed seems to be mechanical switches.I am looking for electronically low voltage controlled switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.