Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do Fast Fourier Transform for a wavefrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinoth_murali

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I woule like to do fast fourier transform for a waveform that I received from an oscilloscope. I really don't know how to do that. Can any one please help me regarding this.
I would like to thank you in advance.

Attachments

• left sensor during the distance between the key points.png
    left sensor during the distance between the key points.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 57

Re: Fast Fourier Transform

If you can export the oscilloscope reading to a file (e.g. CSV), check out kst2: https://kst-plot.kde.org/

It's a great (and free) data visualization and plotting software. It's very easy to use.

If you export the oscilloscope data, you can use the data import wizard in kst2 to load the data (Tools -> Data Wizard or just press W), then Create -> Spectrogram will apply FFT to the data and show you the results.

I believe the import wizard also gives you the option to import the data from the file and run an FFT all in one step.

P.S. kst2 also supports live updating of changing data files so if your oscilloscope software lets you write files automatically as you are taking readings, kst2 can be configured to automatically update and display. You can also capture the data to the same file and kst2 can automatically update to the contents of the data file without you having to reimport it. It's all very convenient.

Thank you Very Much.

But do you a idea for calculating an Average voltage of a waveform like the one below.left sensor entry.png

Kst can do that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back