Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic entry tool for latex

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiohead

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
latex schematic

Hi,

I wonder how you guy make schematics for IEEE and other publications. You would need some kind of vector drawing output then for good quality. And nice transistor drawings, etc ...

Any suggestions?

schematic tool scan

For now, I don't know any other soft besides Corel Draw. If anybody knows, please write it.

visio images in latex

Try
**broken link removed**

tool for drawing circuit schematics for latex

Try M$ VISIO, it has a lot of graphics from different fields + eps (vector) output.
IMHO it's the best soft from M$ ;P

visio library abidi

visio sucks big time!....when ever u enter a schematic and then convert to eps and then use it to prepare ur paper in winedt..the qualty of the figure is pathetic and on top of that the math type eqns and all get misaligned!!!

someone please kindly help by saying what software do all those guys from razavi and abidi's group and all use to draw such crystal clear schematics!
:-(
please help!

nope...its not visio, nope its not adobe.

its something else that is more "tex" in nature!
I dunno what!!!

metapost schematic

You only need that the drawing thing output eps or perhaps jpg and use a tool for the translation... dont know, some like jpg2eps or some like that.. :).

For a general graph tool (not corel draw) use the GIMP ;) is free and there is a version for Windows, can output .eps files :).

pstcirc latex

I use Xfig in *nix. Then I have a script to export the fig to eps with the LaTeX fonts.

Reply if anyone wants it.

latex national semiconductors

v_naren said:
visio sucks big time!....when ever u enter a schematic and then convert to eps and then use it to prepare ur paper in winedt..the qualty of the figure is pathetic and on top of that the math type eqns and all get misaligned!!!

someone please kindly help by saying what software do all those guys from razavi and abidi's group and all use to draw such crystal clear schematics!
:-(
please help!

nope...its not visio, nope its not adobe.

its something else that is more "tex" in nature!
I dunno what!!!

Hi I am really agree with this comments.

I think:

1. They or their affiliation have been developed an internal usage tool for such uses
2. Since I have seen just similiar images in the datasheets of National Semiconductor (Do it for yourself too), I think its source may be out of university and maybe in industry.

Please all memebers If someone have seen such tools please inform all other memebrs to use they.

tnx

national semiconductor latex

Hi

Anyway...

Looking at the drawing of razavi' book or razavi' papers show that they are drawing with an specific tool.

tnx

schematic entry

I use metapost to generate vector graphics.
metapost has a circuit library, that you can draw resistor, etc.

pstcirc

I have never found a drawing tool which is good enough for my purpose.

However, I use MS-Visio most of times. I don't think it is a good one to
go with Latex. I think is may be a good idea, you draw your pix using
some layout/schematic tools (provided by EDA vendors), print it, scan it
to ps/eps, and incorporate it in your Latex paper. Time consuming! :(

No no....

Use GIMP :p

At less the version in Windows have a capture tool for capture a windows or also you can get what is in the clipboard.

Then all you do is save as eps and is done :p.

This eps file not take me more than some seconds also I dont have a scanner or not a printer :p.

By the way, when you are saving a warning will tell you what is necesary to save as EPS, you only need say "OK ok continue " ;).

why do you use all of these crap software? learn LaTeX and then it has lots of packages and languages to drwa anything you like. I recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back