Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Simple IC Based Remote Controled Fan, Light & Others Home appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezacadet

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody,

Can Anybody help me to Design a Remote Control Circuit for controlling ceiling fan, Light, Power & Other home appliance ??

Br
REZA

Do you want to control all those appliances from one box?
And then you point your remote control toward the box to turn each appliance on and off?

Then you must install extension wiring to each appliance so that you can control it from a relay inside the box.
Either that or use a radio control signal to a receiver box attached to each appliance.

In the central unit you must construct a detector which can decode the infra-red signals, and send a signal to the relay for the correct appliance.

It may be easier to construct individual detectors for each appliance. You would then point the remote control at an appliance to turn it on and off.

BradtheRad i did according to your answer, but something i am missing.

Wow, that must have been a lot of work for you to construct.

It is a system consisting of many parts. The transmitter and the receivers must all cooperate.

The receivers must detect the same frequency that the transmitter sends out (whether light or sound or radio waves). You must conduct a lot of tests on all the appliances to make sure the commands are detected.

I described several different ways to set up the system. If you will draw a picture of what you did, and add it to a post (by clicking the Add an Image button), then it will be more clear and it will be easier to know how to reply.

Use an IR sensor chips (eg PNA4602 or TSOP1738, etc). Use a microcontroller to decode the signal from the sensor output. The microcontroller should then accordingly turn on/off devices that the microcontroller can control through relays/triacs, etc. You can use a ready-made remote or can construct one. The protocol of the transmitter and receiver must be same. SIRC and RC5 are popular ones.

If you want to avoid microcontroller, you can use IC such as HT12.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

hi,
Yes... Use Ir Transmitter and Receiver Chip. Ir transmission possible by Ir LED .Ir Receiver sensor TSOP 1738 are best. i thing,38 stands for 38 Khz ,Data sheet having all the details. Datasheet also have application circuit. Some Photo diode also used for Ir receiver/transmission.But It need some extra circuitry. Most important is, the Timing between both transmission and reception if you need two way communication. and also check RC5 Protocol . It is the valid Protocol for IR transmission and reception. you need to assign address and command for particular operation.

If your goal is to go through the process of design, then I don't have much
detailed advice for you. If your goal is to control the stuff as easily as
possible, I'd be looking for X-10 modules (if they work at your local power
voltage & frequency) - they are pretty much bottomed out in price and
work over the power lines. It does appear that the 240V stuff is more
costly than the 120V. But it still looks cheaper than the parts at retail.
I'm sure there are ICs for this role too but you still need the rest of the
package.

Hello,

Before few years ago (read more than 5) I use MC145026P and MC145028P pair of chips for similar application in robotics. Using these chips you can design remote control very easy without programming. But, recently I found out that these chips are not avaiable. Can someone tell me is these chips are obsolete and is there any similar chips?
So if you can find these chips just folow instuction from next link:

https://www.electronics-base.com/in...remote-control-and-directing-the-mobile-robot

Greetings...

Status
Not open for further replies.