Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a 48v battery bank voltage speak monitor circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the word 'voice' does that mean you want a synthesized voice which speaks volt levels audibly? That will be a challenge.

There are IC's that produce speech waveforms which you can send to a speaker.

The monitor circuitry section is pretty straightforward.

Do you want the device to talk to you? That is, to speak a volt reading when you press a button?

Such a project will have several stages.
Have you already built a volt meter that reads up to 50 or 60 V?
Or a speech synthesizer?
Or an audio amplifier?

Brad has already asked the questions which you must answer, for us to provide you a clear answer.

The battery monitor section should be relatively simple, which can be built using a circuit employing opamps/comparators or microcontroller.

For the "voice indication" section to be designed, it must first be known what kind of voice indication you want.

1) Can be that the circuit says "Battery Low" or "Battery Medium Level" or "Battery (near) Full Charge".

2) Can be that the circuit says the battery voltage. This would be tougher and more complex, complexity increasing with the number of steps you wish the circuit to say.

1) Can be done with one or more voice chips, such as those from "Aplus" which can be programmed via a computer or made to store a recorded message via a microphone They can be interfaced externally, eg to a microcontroller. You can record the different messages and use the microcontroller to control the voice chip, dicatating it which message to play when.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks to your reply ........ Actually I am using this circuit for telecom their is a 48v battery bank I have to connected dtmf decoder for some appliance on & off purpose like AC on&off DG(generator) start & stop like that but now i want to hear battery bank voltage also Through dtmf decoder like 48v......47.5v.....46v....45.8v..... like that
I will conect that circuit Battery bank through dtmf relay when I will switch on that relay throigh Mobile phone it will measure the voltage and say through speaker than I am hear that voltage through mobile phone any ware in world so Please help me

Last edited:

You may implement this idea by using a microcontroller. Need to monitor battery voltage using internal ADC, comparing the results with preloaded values and generating the necessary DTMF signals.

Also it’s possible to be implement the hardware version using DTMF generator circuits (e.g. Holtek HT9200B series
https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/79214.pdf )
and analog to digital converter circuit.
Additional logic circuit need to be used to enable DTMF tone generation on remote request.

Last edited:

Dear thanks to your Message........... Implementation of DTMF but i think it will expensive & I need the schematic diagram Please send the diagram if possible

Some idea to start for the hardware implementation of the DTMF circuit.

Attachments

• HARDWARE DTMF.png
    HARDWARE DTMF.png
    210 KB · Views: 104

On second thought, we may change for a single DTMF circuit and a multiplexed input. See the diagram. :-D

Attachments

• DTMF v3a.png
    DTMF v3a.png
    163.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Dear Friend but i need voltage speak out circuit boss................Thanks to your reply ........ Actually I am using this circuit for telecom their is a 48v battery bank I have to connected dtmf decoder for some appliance on & off purpose like AC on&off DG(generator) start & stop like that but now i want to hear battery bank voltage also Through dtmf decoder like 48v......47.5v.....46v....45.8v..... like that
I will conect that circuit Battery bank through dtmf relay when I will switch on that relay throigh Mobile phone it will measure the voltage and say through speaker than I am hear that voltage through mobile phone any ware in world so Please help me

That’s a voltage to DTMF encoded monitoring system.
First you send by mobile phone all the necessary DTMF signals to control various equipment and same time you may receive a feedback DTMF tone indicating the value of the three digits on the battery voltmeter. You may decode this tone using some software application on mobile phone directly or using an additional PC computer.

http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=24018
http://www.dxzone.com/cgi-bin/dir/jump2.cgi?ID=14330
http://www.download25.com/phone-tone-decoder-download.html

:cool:

If you don’t want to use a microcontroller, try a very simple solution by using a multi-meter that has a voice output. e.g.

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?product=2218202&language=en-CA
http://www.microseveninc.com/voiceproducts.htm
http://microseveninc.com/vm10brochure.htm

First you need to define more accurate all the project specifications. For an automated stand-alone system the remote control monitoring option are used for routine operations, mainly to decide the current status NORMAL/EMERGENCY/FAULT, helping us to decide operator action on site for more accurate measurements if needed.
But, by the other hand, try to adapt the actual needs to your practical skills/experience/locally available components in order to simplify the project, so it’s better to include for that a minimized set of monitoring options.
Remember for example we may use 5-6 LEDs only to monitor some UPS battery status, mobile phone battery status and so on, without the need of accurate measurements for. In my opinion in practice it’s possible to demonstrate a simplified circuit, using a small set of audio alerts (for example one beep followed by a long pause time period for the OK status indicator, and increasing the beeps numbers for a discharged battery = emergency situation) can do the same job with a minimum investment. ;-)

Dear friend thanks to your reply Every thing OK but one small doubt ................ I am getting the DTMF tone out OK but how to lesson Battery voltage from their Please tell me as soon as possible:roll:
I know their some MCU want to use but which mcu want to use & program that thing are don't know so please help me

Last edited:

To get a synthesized voice to speak the numbers on the led's... That will be a project in itself.
You need to tap into twelve binary wires, four at a time, to get each numeral. Then a speech IC will speak the digits.

Or... Is there an option in your cell phone that can decode keypad dual-tone beeps, and speak the number?
Suppose the transmitting phone were to send those beeps to your phone, and your phone could speak the digits?

Maybe someone mentioned that idea already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back