Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help for building magnet circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonely boy

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I need help for building magnet with winding that can stick on Iron
and this circuit must be controlled by Microcontrollers:razz:

Make an electromagnet that is controlled by a transistor (I'd use a MOSFET) or a relay. For the magnet, wind some wire around a ferrous metal (steel, iron... something like a nail, used to pick up paperclips in some demonstrations of electromagnets). You might consider including a current-limiting device (resistor) to keep the wire from overheating if left on too long. Use the microcontroller to drive the transistor, which will act like a switch, allowing current to flow through the electromagnet.

Hello

All depends what strength of magnet do you need ? You didnt say what you intend to do with this.

You can make coil with copper wires and put some iron into center of this coil.

**broken link removed**

coler4.jpg

We decide to use this magnet for holding and moving something
maximum voltage=12 V
maximum current=2 A
maximum size= 6cm*6cm
maximum weigh = 400g

for example a robot that climbing Iron wall with servo motors that stick to magnet

exactly ,thanks
can you help me to make it

Maybe with rolling permanent magnets
**broken link removed**

I just giving ideas.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

See this calculator

https://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Coil-Physical-Properties-Calculator.phtml

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

ACTUATORS - SOLENOIDS

https://www.societyofrobots.com/actuators_solenoids.shtml

ROBOT TUTORIAL

https://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_tutorial_index.shtml

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

Solenoid Coil Electromagnetic Force Calculator

https://easycalculation.com/engineering/electrical/solenoid-force.php

Hello

Use transformer's E core sheets. Stack them to your desired hight. Then use suitable size transformer's plastic bobbin. Then use magnet wires. If you want to make it quick, Then buy a suitable size transformer, then take out its all I sheets,then put all E sheets in one direction in the bobbin. Then apply DC voltage to its primary coil. If you are not happy with the DC voltage level which energise it properly, then you have to rewind the coil.

• Attach the positive side of the battery to the resistor. If you are using a battery holder, this is the side with the red lead.
• Connect the free end of the resistor to the positive side of the LED. This is the anode, and it is the side opposite the flat spot on the casing.
• Wire the free end of the LED to one side of the reed switch. The negative terminal of an LED is called the cathode, and it is near the flat spot on the casing.
• Connect the remaining terminal of the switch to the negative side of the battery. If you are using a battery holder, this is the side with the black lead.
• Move the magnet toward the reed switch. It will close, and the LED will light up.
• Disconnect the switch by moving the magnet away. The LED will no longer be lit.

I Test it ,but it's very weak

You cant use relay coil for that. Relays dont have that power magnetic field, its designed just to move small iron with platine contacts. Relay have thin wires on coils, you need higher current and higher magnetic fields.

You cant use relay coil for that. Relays dont have that power magnetic field, its designed just to move small iron with platine contacts. Relay have thin wires on coils, you need higher current and higher magnetic fields.

we shoud use battery
V'max=12V
I'max=2A

Make strong and light coils. Consider permanent magnet rolling tecnique.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Save power in batteries. If you add more weight on robot with more iron and more batteries to get more and stronger magnetic field, it will be very heavy. Think in other direction....

Make strong and light coils. Consider permanent magnet rolling tecnique.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Save power in batteries. If you add more weight on robot with more iron and more batteries to get more and stronger magnetic field, it will be very heavy. Think in other direction....

woow
how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back