Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Regulator for transducers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDNic

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have four pressure transducers that all need a 10VDC excitation voltage. My first question is - what is the best way to get that excitation voltage for my sensors from a standard wall outlet? Next I want to take each pressure sensor signal output and display the actual pressure on some LCD digital panel meters. I really need help on deciding what hardware I need and how to do this in the most economical way possible.
Thanks!

That sounds like a job for a simple microcontroller, although there are other methods that would probably work out more complex and more expensive.

Can you say:
What is the part number of the sensor - a link to a datasheet would be good?
What accuracy, precision, range and resolution do you need? For instance, 0-1kPa in 1Pa increments, or 90kPa-110kPa displayed on 3.5 digits... Be realistic, say what you need, not what would be nice. The more you need here, the more it costs!

It might help to tell us the application. It's probably simple enough from the electronics point of view, once we know the details.

The simple, first-pass solution is an MCU like a PIC18F, a standard wall-wart power supply to feed the on-board regulators, and probably a few op-amps to condition the sensor signal. Oh, and an LCD display.

Does the system have to do anything other than just display the pressure?

Last edited:

My application is measuring some physical parameters of compost. The first sensor, a differential pressure sensor, measures the pressure from an orifice flow meter setup. The second (also a differential pressure sensor) measure the pressure difference across the compost. Both these sensors are found here: https://www.omega.com/Pressure/pdf/PX139.pdf
I need to measure 0-1 psi with increments of 0.01psi with these sensors.
The other two sensors need to measure pressure from 0-50psi in increments of 0.5psi. These sensors are found here: **broken link removed**
I need to have four different LCD displays showing these pressures or perhaps 2 LCD displays that allow you to switch between two different values.
Thanks so much for your time.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

I'm sorry, the small differential pressure sensors are actually these ones: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back