Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will a DC offset cancellation circuit influence the differential signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b12345

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For the DC analysis, if Vcm-n and Vcm-p of the amplifier is different, the cancellation circuit will adjust them to equal by detecting the difference between Out-n and Out-p.
But for a differential signal, it also leads to a difference at the output, won't the feedback also change the input?
It makes me confused a lot, may be the original question is DC&AC analysis I think, could anybody help me with this question? Thanks very much.

DC offset inputs do not affect gain.

If you apply DC offset to a differential amp, the main factor is the equivalent resistance in feedback ratio or input attenuator ratio is constant.

If the offset only introduces a DC signal from a relatively constant impedance source to null the offset ( in a feedback loop), then the gain is constant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back