Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem regarding burning program in Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

shom_show

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all,

I am facing a problem while burning program in ATMEGA32A. I am trying to burn the blinkled program in Extreme Burner -AVR. A message is coming

that "ATtiny 32A is not found, continue it with users permission". But in the configuration options of AVR STUDIO4, Atmega32 is selected. Please reply if

you have any idea about this type of problem (any settings that have to be changed) and how to rectify it. Waiting for all of your response.

Sumanta

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

It will be good if you can email me. My Email ids are -

(sumanta.show@gmail.com / show.sumanta@rediffmail.com)

Probably you have not selected the device in Extreme Burner Software. I am using the same and it works fine.

Probably you have not selected the device in Extreme Burner Software. I am using the same and it works fine.

I have choose the option of atmega32 in extreme burner -avr. But trying to write the program in the microcontroller chip it is showing the following

message -

> Autodetecting programmer

> Found USBasp on USB port

> Powering ON

> Powering failed

> Cannot communicate with target chip

> Retrying again

> Power on failed

> Cannot communicate with target chip

> Repeating the above three

> Powering off

> Power turned off

> ******Task failed*******

> *******Please retry again*******

> Thank you

Can you anyone please address the problem. Waiting for your response

Sumanta

Make sure that MISO, MOSI, SCK connections are proper.

Thanks,

I have done the connections of MISO, MOSI, SCK and RESET as shown in figure which I am sending in the Attachment. Please have a look and

reply me if there is anything wrong in the connection. Waiting for your response.

Sumanta

Attachments

• Extreme burner pic.png
    Extreme burner pic.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 126

Check the power connections of the mega32

i think VCC pin is missing in your jtag

Attachments

• 6.gif
    6.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 143
  • ajemu.gif
    ajemu.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 104

i think VCC pin is missing in your jtag

Can you please tell me in details where is the VCC pin in JTAG. If it is missing also, is there any means to install that. Please reply.

Sumanta

Your circuit I have checked. It seems that the circuit is not tallying with the circuit which I have attach in my previous post. Is there anything wrong with that circuit as I have got it

with the USB AVR PROG V2.1 development board. What I find my AVR development board is that there is no JTAG port but there is ISP programmer port where the connection have

to be done. So that circuit I have made according to my circuit diagram. Please give your suggestions.

Sumanta

Last edited:

ok then you should check this its seem you having ISP jtag

PIN 2 is VCC for ISP

Attachments

• 10-pin-adapter-article.gif
    10-pin-adapter-article.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 129
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

ok then you should check this its seem you having ISP jtag

PIN 2 is VCC for ISP

I have made the connections as you recommended. But still that problem is there and the messages are showing as I have mentioned in my earlier post.

Please suggest what further can be done on it for burning the program in that Microcontroller. Waiting for your reply.

Sumanta

try replace your cable and if you have any other controller try to program with same setup.one question when you supply your programmer and your target board supply not connect but target board connected with your programmer do you able to power up your target board with out direct supply is not connect to your target board??

I have given +5 volt supply to VCC, AVCC pin of ATMEGA32A and VCC pin of ISP programmer. Rest of connections (MOSI, MISO, SCK, RESET) are done

according to the connections in the figure in the attachment. At present I have no other Microcontroller. Please suggest if something can be done with this

Microcontroller.

Sumanta

Attachments

• Extreme burner pic.png
    Extreme burner pic.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 137

Maybe your problem is software related.

Try to use http://avr8-burn-o-mat.aaabbb.de/avr8_burn_o_mat_avrdude_gui_en.html and see if this changes anything.
I've been using the application for a very long time with USBasp without any problem.

I didn't find any info in the previous post about the programmer hardware you are using, which one is it?

Maybe your problem is software related.

Try to use http://avr8-burn-o-mat.aaabbb.de/avr8_burn_o_mat_avrdude_gui_en.html and see if this changes anything.
I've been using the application for a very long time with USBasp without any problem.

I didn't find any info in the previous post about the programmer hardware you are using, which one is it?

It is USB AVR Prog v2.1. It is a product of Extreme Electronics and having ISP Programmer connection. I have tried with the programmer software which

you have recommended. But still the problem is remaining the same. Please suggest if anything can be done.

Sumanta

Can you post a link to the dev board you are using?

Yes I have already posted my problem in Extreme Electronics Forum. I am waiting for their response also.

Sumanta

you can try with ponyprog

Status
Not open for further replies.