Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ETSI vs. FCC - classification antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauloftin

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need help. In Europe, we have ETSI - European Telecommunications Standards Institute and his classification of antennas "Charakteristics and requirements for point-to-point equipment and antennas. Can you help me, where can I find equivalent for U.S. states? Have you some document for this?

Thank you

I doubt that you'll find a similar FCC document, because the way of thinking is rather different between ETSI and FCC. I don't know what's the exact problem behind your question, because few people are interested in standards as such.

You should better describe your application and tell for which paragraph of the ETSI specification you are looking for comparable FCC specifications.

It seems like similar specifications are in FCC 47 Chap.I Subchap. D Part 101.115 Fixed microwave services - Directional antennas.

You should get your own overview of FCC regulations. Everything is downlaodable from

Thank FvM, I'll try to study.

In fact FCC was the first to request a specific maximum EIRP power emitted by a device, before ETSI, which initially was looking only for conducted power (power at antenna connector). From EIRP you can find also the limits in the antenna gain.
Search the net for FCC radiated power specifications and you will find a lot of information. Also check their website: https://www.fcc.gov/ , were is a little bit tricky to dig for an answer.

The question can be possibly answered by reviewing the frequency band population in other FCC 47 parts. An obvious explanation would be that the said band isn't available for fixed microwave links in the FCC domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back