Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiplexing circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

brobl

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out a way to multiplex three circuits(12V, 0.5A MAX) using 2 LEDs from a DSP evaluation kit as the decoder bits. When the LEDs turn on, the voltage change is a little over 1V (2.5 - 3.6). I'm stumped as to what to do with these specifications. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

btw, These three circuits are used to control fan speeds on a standard 12V fan.

I don't understand. At all. What do you mean you are using 2 LEDS as decoder bits? Fans? You need to explain what you are trying to do.

I'm using the on/off state of the 2 LEDs on the DSP board as the inputs for the decoder on the mux. The mux should then switch to one of the supply circuits(fan circuits) based on the decoder. I'm doing this all on a solderless breadboard, so it's kind of hard to find a component that has dip pins, too. Is there another way of going about this? Thanks

I still don't understand. What do you mean "the mux should then switch to one of the supply circuits"? What are your inputs? where is your output going? If you are trying to switch 12V @0.5 A, I think you are going to need some discrete components; I'm not aware of any chip that will do that. (You could maybe use voltage regulators with enable inputs, or something, but we need more information).

Status
Not open for further replies.