Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design of a 10kW Inverter for a fuel cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Cool

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
10 kw inverter

Back by popular demand.. a "how to" compelte with schematic the results of USA 2001 (?) energy challenge. a couple of the files included in the attached are free from the web page, but the rest are rare finds.

10kW fuel cell inverter, single phase inverter, submissions from:
Seoul National University
University of Central Florida
Virginia Tech
University of Carolina
WEST VIRGINIA
Texas A&M

if you happen to have the final reports from other competators, please post the files here!

for more info: www dot energy challenge dot org

enjoy :)

Mr.Cool

making an inverter

Hi Mr Cool,
I have not downloaded your design yet, but does it make use of a transformer? If so do you know of a design that does not make use of a transformer? I want to make an inverter 12V DC to 230V AC +- 2kVA but do not want to use a transformer. I do not reauire the isolation and do not want the bulk (and weight).
Thanks and Regards.

10kw inverter

wow... time flies

this is a 1kW inverter from 2005 contest. for some reason the PDF is really slow to transition pages. this is University of Wisconsin Madison

please upload if you find more Future Energy Challenge

Mr.Cool

edaboard 10kw inverter

well the article is fine but the mirror is not working.

fuel cell inverter

anyone downloading this should keep in mind that they are designing only prototype.

they are nicely functional by all accounts, but they are not up to par with a professionally built equivalent.

so, i would use this info as educational only.

Mr.Cool

invertor 10kw

Hello, I have a design for a 3000w inverter and I understsand the circuit but I have no experience on how to design and construct the transformer I needed.Please, can anyone help me with a transformer design ebook.

inverter design+fuel cell

Please, can you help me on the gating design for the floating gate of the upper leg transistor of an H- bridge inverter.
Babinton

turkish inverter schematics

kkdjc said:
Hi Mr Cool,
I have not downloaded your design yet, but does it make use of a transformer? If so do you know of a design that does not make use of a transformer? I want to make an inverter 12V DC to 230V AC +- 2kVA but do not want to use a transformer. I do not reauire the isolation and do not want the bulk (and weight).
Thanks and Regards.

Such high output/input ratios without a transformer is quite difficult at such power ratings. The best thing you can do is make a step-up converter, preferably using ferrite transformer(s).

Or, you can use a class of inverters called Multiplying inverters but they are difficult to control and construct for 20+ stages, like in your case and not to mention expensive. These are mainly used to generate high voltage from mains supply.

3000w inverter circuit diagram

thank very much!Document very useful!

3000w inverter schematic

yugal kishor sharma said:
Hello,
If you are intrested to design your own transformer for invertor and other electronics equipments ,please go to link posted below.
yugal

https://www.sklaic.info/electronics/

Note: This program is Specifically designed to calculate only for 50 Hz transformers and only on Laminated Iron Cores.

It may be a little bit Useful by some, but not by much.

invertor 10kw schemetic

This is very helpful information. The thing is that surprisingly most of these proposals yielded a similar result as from the results. Looking forward to some new stuff.

fuel cell inverter india

THANK YOU Mr.Cool

10kw inverter circuit diagram

thank for your files

10 kw inverter circuit diagram

Thanks for your files

Added after 1 minutes:

i want wireless inverter circuit

10kw ac generators delhi

what do you mean wireless inverter circuit.. wireless command or wireless control?

one is doable with todays technology and one is not ;P

3000w inverter circuit

another one.. more for deep theoretical understanding, but very good supplementary text.

pedro_motosh@yahoo.com

10KW peak or continuous power? That's lots of energy to dissipate. Might need a huge heat sink or cooling system.

making a inverter

ahh.. its not so bad. at 90% efficient is 1000W wasted.

its like a heater for the winter time :)

Mr.Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back