Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Process parameters statistic description: where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele.A

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

here's my question: in a former (BiCMOS) process I've been designing with, I used to size resistors and (especially) MOS devices also based on matching parameters, namely using a

\[\sigma = \frac{\sigma_A}{Area}\]

type of expression to evaluate the needed area in order to stay under a target spread. I could retrieve this information from the Design Rule Manual.

Now, I have changed Company and technology :cool:

Also the fab providing the tech node - now TSMC - is new to me (strange as it may sound 8-O)

That is to say that maybe things are organized differently...But I am expecting to find some equivalent information also for the two nodes I am looking into right now, namely 180nm and 65nm CMOS. Of course I am forwarding this same topic to my fellows inside my Company, but I'd nevertheless like to gather some experience from you.

Is it customary in TSMC processes to have these \[\sigma\] written somewhere for process parameters like \[V_T\] ,\[ \frac{\Delta{L}}{L}\] , ...
or it is a somewhat obsolete/unapplicable concept? I'd really like to avoid resorting to MC runs to get this type of information...

Thanks for any suggestion,

Michele

Hi Michele,

I don't have any TSMC PDK, but in my other foundries' PDKs this info always could be found in the Spice / Spectre files.

Rgds, Erik L.

Hi Michele,

I don't have any TSMC PDK, but in my other foundries' PDKs this info always could be found in the Spice / Spectre files.

Rgds, Erik L.

Hi Erik ;-)

I assume you're talking about the Spice Models Documentation that goes with the PDK, not the .scs files themselves (because they do contain of course this information but it is...well...a bit encrypted :p)
In fact, I did find this morning the sigma values I was looking for, for my 0.18um, exactly in those Spice Model Doc files. For 55nm things are however a bit different: instead of ONE Spice Model Doc, I saw referenced at least three 8-O.
In the only one I could find in my documentation, there were no such data, but a redirection to another doc for "more precise information"...I've asked for these docs to my CAD guys as I don't seem to have it.
Still diggin'

Michele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back