Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to connect TDA5051A output (live or neutral)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz9915

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I searched over the net and many forums and also read the datashet, but i could not find whether TDA5051A output pins 14 & 10 may be connected (to live or neutral) I mean which in non-isolated schematic, i use live or neutral as ground?.
The another question is that if I connect it one phase so is it possible that in 3 phase installation, i get the data on another phase?

your help in this regard will be highly appreciated

Note: datasheet attached

Attachments

• TDA5051A.pdf
    255.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

The TDA5051 was designed for transmitting/receiving digital signals on power lines or any two-wire network, so if the units will be connected to the building’s electrical wiring system via a 120V/230V outlet, connect one wire line to pin 14/10 (via capacitors, see the datasheet) and the second one directly to pins 5/9/12, at the end this means it doesn't matter how to connect the outputs to the power lines.
And there’s no guarantees you will have a good communication in-between devices for a three phase system, actually system was design to plug into other outlets among the same wiring system, so communication for a three phase system depends on the local configuration and the noise conditions on the power lines.

Thanks mister_rf for the help and explanation regarding 3 phase system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back