+ Post New Thread
    Member level 3

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

dcimation filter for high order decimation rate

Hi ALL

I working on aplication that i need to sample 1.9Khz signal by 1Mhz , its mean 512 OSR - AFTER SIGMA DELTA MODULATION ( FOR SEPARATE the quantization noise from the signal) i need to decimate the signal by decimatin rate of 512.
    i decided to use CIC filter to decimate by 128 and then cascade more 2 FIR - one as compensator and the other for the phase linearization.

the DC gain in the CIC is a function of the DECIMATION RATE AND THE STAGES so i getting about 100 db in the dc...

i need to create compensation filter to compensate the very large GAIN that i getting in DC ( about 100db).
    to get flatness passband i need to use inverse sinc fir compensator that attenuate by 100 db in the DC...

does some one have another solution to this problem ?
    does some one have expirience with the inverse sinc filter?

THANK U ALL

•   AltAdvertisment

Super Moderator
    Awards:
    1st Helpful Member

Helped
    13318 / 13318
    Level

Re: dcimation filter for high order decimation rate

I don't understand about a CIC DC gain problem. A CIC decimator with power of two decimation factor is usually designed to have unity gain for the most significant bit and a bit width according to the application requirements. It doesn't make sense to refer gain to the output LSB, I think.

Frequency compensation with a FIR is reasonable however and can be found in most oversampling ADC chips.

--[[ ]]--