Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combining two power sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech5006

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 12v DC supply (POWER SUPPLY 1) and 230AC supply (POWER SUPPLY 2).

I need to make a system in which the “POWER SUPPLY 1” will provide the required power to the load. And if there is an overload condition, instead of switching over to the “POWER SUPPLY 2” completely,
POWER SUPPLY 1” should provide the power by combining the excess required power from “POWER SUPPLY 2”.

It’s not equal sharing by the two supplies but “POWER SUPPLY 2” should provide the required excess power only.

I request your valuable advice and suggestions to meet the requirement. Thanks in advance...

Dear tech5006
Hi
The power supplies have an input and out put impedance. if you wanna combine them together , you should be ensure that the impedances are same together as well as. in simple way , you can use a master slave feed back as well as for combining them together. see here , please: View attachment DC Power Supply Handbook2.pdf
Best wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back