Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to select a Ployswitch device

Status
Not open for further replies.

blapcb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing an automotive GPS unit and want to use a resettable fuse like a Ployswitch, but I am not sure how to specify the various parameters. What I can say is that in steady state my device consumes less then 100mA of current. But I am also adding a GSM module which needs to have peeks of up to 2A. But, that 2A is not from the power source right? I mean if the supply for the GSM module is 3.8v then 2A peaks (at I think about a 100-200Hz frequency) will not result in a 2A draw on the source of the power supply right? (which is a 9-32v car/truck battery).

Anyway, in the Ployswitch, there are two main parameters (I think). Trip Current and Hold Current. How should I correctly (by the book) specify these?

Or to take another approach, will this device work?
**broken link removed**
Given that till now I have just been using 2A or 3A automotive fuses and it has been fine?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.