Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low cost/Low performance op-amp with an enable pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitargore

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need to find a dual op-amp with an enable pin to drive the input of a push-pull driver stage. Don't need high speed, don't need high accuracy, just need low cost i.e. <$0.25/10k. Any suggestions?

Some time back I had same problem. I ended up with making a external circuit counting 4 bjt's to get this function.

One backdraw with this solution is that mostly bjt datasheets doesn't specify Vbc, so can't be sure if Q1 and Q2 can withstand 12V.

Attachments

• Analog_buffer_tristate.png
    Analog_buffer_tristate.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 86

I am also playing with the idea of gating the input to the the circuit using a CE amplifier with a PNP load that I can switch. Very crude but almost no cost other than the area, which isn't a big deal at this time.

One backdraw with this solution is that mostly bjt datasheets doesn't specify Vbc, so can't be sure if Q1 and Q2 can withstand 12V.
??? Maximum Vbc reverse voltage is specified in datasheets and >= maximum Vce. Reverse Vbe is however limited to e.g. 6 V. If the amplifier output is externally loaded, the safe supply voltage isn't larger than 6V respectively 12 V for truely floating output.

Ncs2002 / ncv2002

Status
Not open for further replies.