Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 phase 6 pulse AC-DC 400V/400A circuit examples needed. Urgent!!! Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardgrt

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
To all members who could help me with assignment,

Hello! I'm pretty unexperienced in SCR/thyristor/GTO thyristor circuit design... :sad: Although, two days ago I've got an assignment to design the 3 phase 6 pulse AC-DC 400V/400A circuit, with one of upper mentioned switching elements. The purpose of this circuit is to warm up the generator pole winding (without iron core), so it practicaly represents very low resistance element, about 16-17 mili Ohms (short circuit). I've already found a way to calculate the power electronic circuit, but main problem represents LACK OF SWITCHING ELEMENT GATE DRIVER CIRCUIT, and PHASE SYNCHRONISATION CIRCUIT. Any form of example will be a great help!!!

Sincerelly thankful!:roll:

THREE-PHASE CONTROLLED RECTIFIERS
Line Commutated Controlled Rectifiers (Thyristor Rectifiers), and Force Commutated PWM Rectifiers.
**broken link removed**

OPERATION OF A 3-PHASE FULLY-CONTROLLED RECTIFIER
**broken link removed**

STUDY OF 3- PHASE LINE COMMUTED THYRISTOR CONVERTER CIRCUIT
**broken link removed**

Model 1681 Instruction Manual - Firing Circuits DC SCR Drives

Last edited:

I'm a bit confused. If you want to deliver power to a 16-17milliohm load, why would you try doing that with a 400V AC or DC supply...? Or is there some converter in between that you don't have to design..?

Anyways, for triggering the devices the simplest methods are pulse transformers and optotriacs. As for phase synchronization, I assume you're talking about zero cross detection? First you'll need a way to sense the three phases, then use comparators to sense zero crossings. Then the firing angle can be changed with some variable delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.