Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Aluminium piece for fet heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Do you know where i can find a heatsink thats just a rectangle piece of aluminium about 6cm by 4cm by 4mm thick?

i want to screw four fets of a 330W full-bridge smps to it.

(Vin = 230VAC)

I looked in the Aavid catalog, and they have a multitude of wonderfully shaped heatsinks, but not the plain piece of aluminium that i want.

You get it in a good hardware store, or from a catalog distributor. Farnell has e.g. some stuff under "Engineering Materials". You can also ask a metal workshop in your area, they mostly have material in different shapes on stock. For production quantities, ask a metal bulk supplier.

Sounds like something found in the scrap pile at a machine shop. I doubt you'll find something sized like that for sale, so you'd either have to get it from scrap, or cut a piece from stock aluminum.

Status
Not open for further replies.