Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mos in sub-threshold region

Status
Not open for further replies.

leebluer

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would use some mos transistors in sub-threshold region. I only know that it has an exponential character of I~V. I want to know some detailed information. I have refered to some books, but it seems that the sub-threshold region is an unpopular topic, there are few contents about it. can anyone give me some help, or recommend some papers or books?

Check carver Mead's book called "analog vlsi......"( I can not remember the name clearly), you will find lots of stuff about MOS operated in sub-threshold region.

Also, do a search "neuromorphic" in google and you will find lots of papers where most transists are operated in that region.

Hope it helpful!

can I use current mirroring when my MOS's are operating in the subthreshold region. Actually I am intrested in mirrorring some nano amps of current.

I just use it , when i design low-powersupply Bandgap. it's not easy!

hanjiemy said:
I just use it , when i design low-powersupply Bandgap. it's not easy!

Can you please elaborate, what difficulties you faced while mirroring that small current.

opertion point' DC value is variable with temp, corner. Try to avoid the transistor go into saturation region is the most improtant!

hello nxing, thank you for your help!

i know that Id becomes the exponential function of Vgs when the Vd satisfy some demands. now though in my design the mos is in the sub-threshold region, but it isn't in that righr region.

i cannot find that book, can you provide some ebooks? i prefer to have some simple explain. thanks a lot

could anyone give me this paper "The sub-threshold behaviour of the MOS field-effect transistor"

tell me the details about this paper such as the author and where was it published, maybe I can find for you.

Hi nxing, thank you so much!

I find that paper from google. but because i am not the member of the journal, i cannot see the full text. i attach some information about the paper.

**broken link removed**

Dieter Kohlert 1998 Eur. J. Phys. 19 125-131

The sub-threshold behaviour of the MOS field-effect transistor
Dieter Kohlert
Fachhochschule Regensburg Fachbereich Elektrotechnik, Postfach 120327, 93025 Regensburg, Germany
Received 24 February 1997, in final form 5 June 1997
Print publication: Issue 2 (March 1998)

Abstract. A simple derivation of the I-V characteristic of the MOS transistor at gate-source voltages below the nominal threshold voltages using simple electric equivalent cicuits is presented.

thanks

Hi,

I am not the memeber, either. However, here is an aritcle of this area and I hope it's helpful

Hi, I've used the MOS transistors in subthreshold region in current mirros and many other stuff.
One of the major uses of this mode is in neuromorphic electronics.
I woul recommend you the following refrences:
C. Mead, “Analog VLSI and Neural Systems,” Reading, MA: Addison Wesley, 1989
E. Vottoz, and J. Fellrath, “CMOS Analog Integrated Circuits Based on Weak Inversion Operation,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Vol. SC-12, 1977
T. Gotarredona, B. Barranco, and A. Andreou, “A General Translinear Principle for Subthreshold MOS Transistors,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, Part I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, Vol. 46, May 1999
S.Liu, J.Kramer, G.Indiveri, et. al., “Analog VLSI: Circuits and Principles,” MIT Press, 2002

and i am care of this title , thanks to nxing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back