Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a power factor meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapna.dudani@gmail.com

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to design a power factor meter , with range 0-500 VAC, and maximum current 0.1 amps, and output voltage being 3.3 and 5 volts.....
can any please help me with the links to find a reference diagram for power factor meter

Last edited:

yes the current and voltage signals are expected to be sinesoidal....
yes i can do that using microcontroller..... can anyone please help me with any links to reference designs.....

I guess you're using a microcontroller to design a power factor meter. Recently, I've done a project on power factor correction which includes measurement of power factor too. Refer to the Chapter - 4 of my report attached below. Hope, it solves your problem.

Attachments

• Intelligent Power Factor Manager - Report.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 203
hello sir your report is very useful for my project thankyou...
but i have some queries
for example when we design any meter for single phase or three phase we connect the pt between R and N , Y and N, B and N , we take N as the reference ....
can you please help me with the connection of pt between R and B in your report .....

can you please help me with the connection of pt between R and B in your report .....

When there is a pure resistive load, the phase angle between current and voltage waveforms must be 0 degrees. To ensure this, we connected PT in between two phase lines. If PT is connected between any phase (R,Y or B) and neutral (N) then there would exist an offset phase angle of 30 degrees between current and voltage waveforms, which will further ruins the calculation of power factor, since CT is carrying phase current.
Refer to the 22 slide of the following link..
Phase Relationships Between Line-Neutral and Line-Line Voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.