Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(Ozone layer) Will you wake up protect and make our next generations happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagar474

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
To make our next generations happy.
Do you wish to avoid refrigerator and air conditioners in order to protect ozone layer ?

400px-Future_ozone_layer_concentrations.gif

In 1978, the United States, Canada and Norway enacted bans on CFC-containing aerosol sprays that are thought to damage the ozone layer. The European Community rejected an analogous proposal to do the same. In the U.S., chlorofluorocarbons continued to be used in other applications, such as refrigeration and industrial cleaning, until after the discovery of the Antarctic ozone hole in 1985. After negotiation of an international treaty (the Montreal Protocol), CFC production was sharply limited beginning in 1987 and phased out completely by 1996.[citation needed] Since that time, the treaty has been amended to ban CFC production after 1995 in the developed countries, and later in developing. Today, over 160 countries have signed the treaty. Beginning January 1, 1996, only recycled and stockpiled CFCs will be available for use in developed countries like the US. This production phaseout is possible because of efforts to ensure that there will be substitute chemicals and technologies for all CFC uses.

On August 2, 2003, scientists announced that the depletion of the ozone layer may be slowing down due to the international ban on CFCs. Three satellites and three ground stations confirmed that the upper atmosphere ozone depletion rate has slowed down significantly during the past decade. The study was organized by the American Geophysical Union. Some breakdown can be expected to continue due to CFCs used by nations which have not banned them, and due to gases which are already in the stratosphere. CFCs have very long atmospheric lifetimes, ranging from 50 to over 100 years, so the final recovery of the ozone layer is expected to require several lifetimes.

Compounds containing C–H bonds (such as hydrochlorofluorocarbons, or HCFCs) have been designed to replace the function of CFCs. These replacement compounds are more reactive and less likely to survive long enough in the atmosphere to reach the stratosphere where they could affect the ozone layer. While being less damaging than CFCs, HCFCs can have a negative impact on the ozone layer, so they are also being phased out.

Why not be more practical, don't let them leak their gases and when they are expired dispose of properly, althoug its not very practical. And also public awairness about what you call ozone. Like here when winter comes they say on tv dont sleep using gas heaters with closed doors. Last summer every three days there was an incident people dying due to carbon monooxide.To my surprise most were"educated" people , even a professor of university. When summer comes they say dont go in wells not in use to clean but now when two people(poor workers) go in and people ouside see them just going uncauntios they go after to help. When four people are died they stop. These are regular instances since 40 yeas i'm hearing. I'm not saying people dont get educated ,now there are less people talking about jins in tornado.But one peron (my servent) was very ashamed about believing my scientific explanations when he visited his homeown where tornado struck he saw his cow flying in air reverted to what they believe. My explanation of wind lift how much heavier palenes fly in air could not make any understanding. Actually it is the money which let them buy. Don't let them at least not on installments.People chase their intentions blindly. Even i can't stop using colling devices. There was good news about more concerned people about tec cooling device which is a semicoductor device and does not use any gases Thermoelectric cooling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. After 10 yeass it is still not available in our country even for repairs.Why not promote them. There are such a lot of nuclear explosives sitting idol. Blast a few in vicinity see if it helps. Nature takes revenge for itself.

Last edited:

The article shows clearly that people on earth need to avoid refrigerator and air conditioners in order to protect its ozone layer. So if the ordinary people, forming the great majority around the world, will be convinced to act this way, the remained wealthy people who form just a small minority can keep using them since the Ozone layer won’t be affected seriously by them :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back