Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] problem with MPlab X and hi-tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilheart

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
el salam alykoum

i am a beginner in programming on pic
i downloaded MPlab x 6.0 beta , and Hi-tech compiler on linux Lubuntu , mplab x runs well but , when i tried to compile a sample file with hi-tech compiler i had this error messages

Code:
make -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ahmed/PIC projects/LED.X'
make  -f nbproject/Makefile-default.mk dist/default/production/LED.X.production.cof
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ahmed/PIC projects/LED.X'
(923) unknown suboption "pro"
make[2]: *** [build/default/production/led.p1] Error 1
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2
mkdir -p build/default/production 
/usr/hitech/picc/9.80a/bin/picc --pass1 led.c  -q --chip=16F84 -P  --outdir=build/default/production -N31 --warn=9 --runtime=default,+clear,+init,-keep,+osccal,-resetbits,-download,+stackcall,+clib --summary=default,-psect,-class,+mem,-hex --opt=default,+asm,-asmfile,-speed,+space,-debug,-9  --double=24 --float=24 --addrqual=ignore --mode=pro -g --asmlist "--errformat=%f:%l: error: %s" "--msgformat=%f:%l: advisory: %s" "--warnformat=%f:%l warning: %s"
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ahmed/PIC projects/LED.X'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ahmed/PIC projects/LED.X'

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 121ms)

it seems as an integration problem with hi-tech , but i don't know exactly what is the problem.

Could you post the code???

...and bear in mind that MPLABX is still under development and is not formally released yet. You are using a beta version which may still contain bugs.

Brian.

thanks guys
brian , i know it is beta version , but there 's no many compilers or IDE available freely for PIC generally , for linux there is nearly anything else except SDCC!!!
but i don't think there may be a bug in such a basic operation , it's a project with a single file !!!

the code

Code ASM - [expand]
#include        <pic.h>

/*
 *      Demo program
 *      Flashes LEDs on Port B, responds to switch press
 *      on RA1. Usable on PICDEM board.
 *      Copyright (C)1997 HI-TECH Software.
 *      Freely distributable.
 */

#define BUTTON  RC1     //bit 1 of PORTC

main(void)
{
        unsigned char   i, j;

TRISB = 0;              /* all bits output */
        j = 0;
        for(;;) {
                PORTB = 0x00;           /* turn all on */
                for(i = 100 ; --i ;)
                        continue;
                PORTB = ~j;             /* output value of j */
                for(i = 100 ; --i ;)
                        continue;
                if(BUTTON == 0)         /* if switch pressed, increment */
                        j++;
        }
}

re (923) unknown suboption "pro",
I am using MPLAB X beta 6.00 on Mac and fixed that error by changing the compiler operation mode as below.

File > Project properties > in Categories select Compiler > Option categories to Operations
Than select Operation mode to Lite.
I don't know how to change globally.

I had a feeling that was the issue.

What is interesting is that the issue of leaving the setting to "Pro" does not seem to effect the PC version, at least not as yet.

thanks again guys ,
bobpacer , your method worked!!!
but i had to recreate the project with another file , as it gave me another errors , but it worked finally.

bigdogguru , the linux version installer is command line based , it asked me which mode i need (pro-evaluation-lite) , i typed lite , but for some reason it seems it doesn't change the options in mplab x.

I have Linux Ubuntu and am running MPLABX v1.41, I am using the HI-TECH picc18 compiler. I tried bobpacer's suggestion and the compiler is still having trouble finding certain header files.
Has anyone come across any other solutions to this problem?

- - - Updated - - -

I have Linux Ubuntu and am running MPLABX v1.41, I am using the HI-TECH picc18 compiler. I tried bobpacer's suggestion and the compiler is still having trouble finding certain header files.
Has anyone come across any other solutions to this problem?

Also Ubuntu is the up to date 12.04 and the compiler is version 9.80, to my knowledge everything is the most up to date

Thanks for any responses

Status
Not open for further replies.