Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple verilog doubt by verilog beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinpraveen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a logic that happens at every rising clock edge. I want to do a simple action. I will tell you the situation.

signal a should be 0 as long as signal b is 1. How do i implement this in verilog code other than the conventional if else happening at always @(posedge clk or negedge rst_n) to check this ??

Is there some verilog construct (I mean synthesizable verilog construct) like signal a=0 until signal b=1 ??

I'm not sure I understood, but a NOT gate could be for you!

Well, I will think I have not worded my question properly. I will think of a way to re-word my question. I will be back to this thread in a couple of days.

a <= not b, where a and b are youre 2 signlas it's jus an assigment(the sintax i used is in vhdl however it is simple to find the verilog analogy) Hope this helped...

Yes it did. Thanks buddy. (just a bit new to verilog buddy...so making some silly mistakes in the thought process:grin:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back