Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earth ground vs. chassis ground vs. floating ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

s.b.v.seshagiri

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Please let me know the differences between earth ground and chassis ground, earth ground vs. floating ground. Awaiting for reply.

Best Regards
Seshagiri SBV

Thank you very much.
please help me regarding , what is the difference between Analog ground and Digital ground
what is the difference between analog isolation and digital isolation.
Awaiting for reply.

Best Regards
Seshagiri SBV

Analog ground is the reference point for analog circuits. This also is the power return point.

Digital ground is the reference point for digital circuits. This also is the power return point.

Where problems occur is when the ground is not a true conductor. Return circuit currents flowing through it cause voltage differences between different physical points. When circuits use these different points for their circuit ground, their outputs relative to other ground points are not the same.

Thank you very much,
for giving solution for AGND and DGND differences.
but i did not understand the difference between analog isolation and digital isolation.
Please help me regarding the difference between analog isolation and digital isolation, with some example schematics which is related to microcontroller interfacing with analog and digital peripherals.
Awaiting for Reply

Best Regards
Seshagiri SBV

Status
Not open for further replies.