Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the output impedance of LV-VCO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trashbox

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about the VCO's measure.

I am designing a LC-VCO,would you give me any advice on the following questions:
(1)How to calculate the output impedance of LV-VCO? Because I should do the impedance matching when measurement.
(2)I ever saw that the buffer and Bias-T are added into the LC-VCO for measure on IEEE papers.What the role of the buffer and Bias-T?

Re: about the VCO's measure.

Any calculation of circuit parameters requires first of all knowing the circuit. Your questions are abstract ones and with posts like yours, nobody can expect concrete answers but only teorethical.

Re: about the VCO's measure.

You can measeure a VCO without connecting it directly to a spectrum analyzer. Use a probe made out of a broken coax cable and sniff out the radiation. This way, you have nothing loading down and pulling your VCO. When a buffer and bias tees are used, they should be very high impedance at the terminals interfacing the VCO. This way, the buffer and bias-T are invisible to the VCO and won't pull its frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back