Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse mode battery charger unit for 120AH battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimalkhanna

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I require a 27VDC output battery charger for DC UPS using 24VDC output from dynamo..

What kind of dynamo you have.
it`s maybe possible to adjust output voltage in generator to 27V.

KAK

It is an old ,constant winding ,commutator with carbon brush ,noncompensated ,type of dynamo working for past few years .
There is no possibility of any adjustments of voltage as there is no regulator with the four pole device.
However , I was planning to use a pulse step up generator to charge the batteries

I created an SMPS step up output without storage filtering .(very hi ripples low avg. values)
This was just pulses of 28V and 20% duty cycle fed to the VRLA battery bank.
The pulses were fed to jitter the plates and give adhesion to the ions for cathode layering.
The ratings were 6-7 amps fed to the 120AH battery .
The battery topped up wonderfully and retained .....
Initially the time taken for charging was > 20Hrs as expected since battery was drained for quite long periods..
not now .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back