Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with including subcircuit in Quartus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh_1984

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am trying to include a sub circuit into my VHDL code. But quartus gives me the following error: design library "work" does not contain primary unit "PwmOut", this happens when I move the whole subfolder in the working directory, and also when only the sub project file is moved into the directory. I have also tried to include the VHDL sub file into the project, but this gives me a lot of errors to.
(I have followed this tutorial: VHDL coding tips and tricks: Entity Instantiation - An easy way of Port mapping your components )

My question is how should the sub circuit files be include into the working directory when using quartus?

My guess is one of a few:

You haven not included pwmout.vhd in your project
you have compiles your module before you compiles pwmout
PwmOut is not in a file called Pwmout.vhd
the entity is not called Pwmout.

one of many things. Just including the file is not enough.

Hi

I included PwmOut.Vhd and compiled PwmOut before PwmController was compiled, now quartus finds the file but I get some errors on the In and Out Signals on the Port map. I have attached my code, how I want the circuits to corporate, and my including.

Could I have misunderstood the use of a subcircuit in VHDL? Ie that all in and outs of a subcircuit has to be connected to the main circuit, and not the way I am using it with two of the subcircuit out ports connected to I/O ports.

Attachments

• Pwm Controller og Out kombo.pdf
    20.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Pwm code.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Pwm Controller including and folder.pdf
    145.9 KB · Views: 93

to include your design in quartus:
1)go to 'Assignment / Setting'
2) in the category list (on the left) go to 'Files'
3)and browse your file and click add files the click OK.

hopefully this is what you need..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back