Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can voltage source converter have independent control active and reactive power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixzz

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I can't understand why voltage source converter based HVDC link can have the independent control of active and reactive power?

Its really the "decoupled controller" that can make VSC control the active and reactive power independently. If you understand the d-q transformation, then there are several papers published in the literature regarding this control.

To control the real or active power a VSC can raise or lower its output voltage, to control the reactive power it can vary its phase displacement with respect to the system it is driving. Regards, Orson Cart.

mess123: I'm not quite sure why do D-axis represents the real power flow and Q-axis represents the reactive power. Can you please help me clarify this?

Status
Not open for further replies.