Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C Code for EDK Xilinx SPartan 3E servo control

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalinutz

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all i have a spartan 3E starter and i want to program in C on Xilinx EDK Platform Studio ,i need to control a servo motor classiic one 6V connected to my spartan 3 but i want the code in C noth VHDLor verilok edk uses C . pls send me the code or a link if u know i would greatly appreciate

hi
even i am learning how to code it in c....
better look at examples on the core u used.
it is in \Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\EDK\sw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers.
core and version... examples

You would be well advised not to connect any 6V device directly to your Spartan 3E Starter Kit.

Use an H-Bridge or some other driver interface.

Here's a couple of Digilent H-Bridges with a demos implemented for their CPLD/FPGA Boards:

And Servo Connectors with Demos:

Reactions: sanju_

sanju_

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi bigdogguru
is their any materials or software manuals for edk...for c programming.
i am new to this...sorry for asking in others post.

There are a few of them out there. Here's one of the best free tutorials online EDK on Spartan 3E Board with code, PDFs, and some videos:

COSMIAC EDK TUTORIALS

They also have one of the best VHDL Tutorials centered around the Spartan 3E Board as well:

COSMIAC SPARTAN 3E TUTORIALS

Hope these help you in your endeavors.

Reactions: sanju_

sanju_

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks it is helpful i was looking for examples only....

I have some Microblaze examples on one of my the servers with docs explaining how to create a custom peripheral and writing code for it.

Is that something you would be interested in?

I'll have to find them on my server and upload them or if I can find the site I'll post the links to them. You can take the Digilent demos and build Microblaze drivers to use Digilent's Servo Interface or H-Bridge. In effect, controlling a Servo via EDK by writing C code drivers and routines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back