Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with PSpice battery Model and Switching Signals for Inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKo

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

I am working on a model of a clawpole machine connected to a battery with a 3-Phase inverter in between. I am having problems with one (the MOSFETs burn out in some cases) and want to simulate it to find the source of the problem. More specific, right now I am working on the inverter (The clawpole machine will be the next step. At this point I just simulate the load with an inductive 3-Phase load). I have run into 2 problems so far:

1. The only way I found to create the switching signals for the Inverter is using Pulse sources. (The hierarchical blocks for the MOSFETS contain the drivers and 4 parallel MOSFETs). There is bound to be a better way, especially if I want to use different types of space vector modulation in the final simulation. I would love to integrate a microcontroller and write a C-Program that is executed during the simulation but have been told that that is not possible in PSpice. What else could I do?

2. The battery is not working. Initially I had a DC-Source with a series resistance. It worked but was not an accurate representation of the real thing. Since I integrated the battery I get an error message
"ERROR -- |VON - VOFF| too small for VSWITCH model X_U1.xinstlabat.SW_S1"
U1 is the designation of the battery. But I do not see how the battery can have a switching error. I also had the same problem when I created a test schematic with just the battery connected to a resistor. Am I missing something or is the modell defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back