Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

clock for shift register

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitman1988

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
i have a serial in - parallel out 8bit shift register , and i have an input signal of 1ms with 50% duty cycle . is there any relation between the frequency of the serial input signal and the frequency of the clock ? I'm using it as serial to parallel converter.
please help

It looks to me that the 1ms input is the serial clock which drives serial data bits in.

in the shift registers data shifting is done with respect to the leading or falling edge if its clocking signal

So the data rate id directly proportional to the clock speed.

Hi all
I know it is directly proportional to clock speed , but there is must be a mathematical formula for that so i can obtain the right frequency of the clock depending on the frequency of serial input data so the shift register will work properly .
regards
Mohanad

If the clock is indeed serial input clock (most likely it is), then the clock freq on the parallel side should be 1/8 of the serial clock frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back