Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

c source code to hex file

Status
Not open for further replies.

highlander11

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an at89c5131 development board .. the software which I use is limited to 4K hex file ( its around 12K c source code)
I use ride7 ide ( Raisonance) for my software.( the limited version one)

the error checking still works after 12K but the build options wont work and wont make a 4K hex file.

is there a software that is free that checks errors ( optional) and builds to hex file with out limits I dont need anything beutiful just the c source code to hex file software.

thanks for any answer highlander11,

I cant find the link for download .. I only found the download files with examples

I only need the software that makes c source code to hex file without the limitation.

I cant find the link for download .. I only found the download files with examples

I only need the software that makes c source code to hex file without the limitation.

Isn't it just a general C Complier that you mean?
How C source code is translated to Binary code is related to the specific chip, isn't it?
So maybe the software you need is just another complier.
Try Keil then.
Here's an exist version to download. Contains Keil Mdk-v3.50 and C51-v8.18
**broken link removed**

my main lang isnt english so I have a little problem explaining what I need..

yes I need another compiler..lol
since ride7 checks errors and build ( meaning convert the c file to hex file so I could "burn" it to my IC at89c5131)

I used sdcc but it had errors dealing iwth my IC...+ had crashes... so I moved to ride7 which was limited...

I hope it will help me..I am downloading.
I ll write here if I have further questions .

thanks

that is what i posted.. keil supports your controller and will generate hex file....

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Evaluation Software from Keil

you will find ARM eval software.. it will ask to fill a form and then you can download keil.......

but my IC is at89c5131 which means its a c51 why download ARM ?
dont they have differenct architecture ?

my main lang isnt english so I have a little problem explaining what I need..

yes I need another compiler..lol
since ride7 checks errors and build ( meaning convert the c file to hex file so I could "burn" it to my IC at89c5131)

I used sdcc but it had errors dealing iwth my IC...+ had crashes... so I moved to ride7 which was limited...

I hope it will help me..I am downloading.
I ll write here if I have further questions .

thanks

Hai High lander11,
have you used sdcc ...What all problems did you find with SDCC ...I am Working on SDCC ...Would you Please Share the error Messages.
Keil is probably the best IDE c51
you can use the keil ide to develop programs for lot of devices ...µVision IDE supports

ARM, Cortex-M, C166, C251, and C51 microcontrollers.

Last edited:

for start I had to use a c file from ride 7 or it wont build.. but its fine I had worse problems and the other thing is that it doesnt support my ic but I didnot look at the newer sdcc maby now ..one sec I ll check a newer sdcc.

I am still writing in ride7 but the building I ll do in a different compiler.

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

I got confused with another program ..I dont have it on my pc any more , I think it was sesc or something like that ..I didnot sdcc

I downloaded sdcc and it doesnt have a normal look like a compiler has like an application , thats how I noticed its not the compiler I thought it was.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

finaly' I used ses51C which uses sdcc but it doesnt support at89c5131.. what I did do is I add the library of at89c5131 but it didnot work it still showed erroes while it didnot have at ride 7...so ti didnot compile or build hex file since it showed a mistake which wasnt there sicne the software was"burned" on my IC and worked

even when I add the library it showed that the comand at..adress..kind...parameter was an error which in ride didnot show

the program I tryed to use is:
SES - Scientific Educational Systems ltd - Downloads

Last edited:

i think you never used keil... its far superior than ride... ride is used only for students but keil is professionally used by many companies...keil 3 is an IDE which has compiler and can support your controller.... i dont think i need to give you more justification. when you are not ready to try the ready solution i am giving rather than just elaborating the thread without reason......

since i used keil for that IC i told ... its your wish to use or not,,,.............

since you have an sdcc , probably the error message is regarding the at89c5131 extra registers .

the only unlimited free compiler is sdcc.
if you can post the exact error message ,
forum members may help.

i think you never used keil... its far superior than ride... ride is used only for students but keil is professionally used by many companies...keil 3 is an IDE which has compiler and can support your controller.... i dont think i need to give you more justification. when you are not ready to try the ready solution i am giving rather than just elaborating the thread without reason......

since i used keil for that IC i told ... its your wish to use or not,,,.............

well I just installed the demo software it looks great and act great but it still have limits.

about sdcc I think the problem is as you said srizbf its about the extra registers... I add the library of at89c5131 to the software library but still no luck

the problem is at a command for example at the global variable: at 0xa0 sbit rs;
it doesnt recognize the at command.

the sdcc error says:
e:\>SDCC--debug--code-loc 0x2000--stack-lock 0xc0 --no-pep 145.c

145.c:21:syntax error:token ->'at' ; colum 8
stdout:invalid argument

I think its about the library BUT I add it manualy to the software ( the place I installed it)

#include<stdio.h>
#include<at89c5131.h>
unsigned char m_sec,h_sec,sec,min,hour,min1;
bit kodd;
at 0xa1 sbit e;
at 0xa0 sbit rs;
at 0x80 sfr lcd;
at 0xb2 sbit rw;
at 0x90 sbit p10;
at 0x91 sbit p11;
at 0x92 sbit p12;
at 0x93 sbit p13;
at 0x94 sbit p14;

at 0xb4 sbit q1; // p3.3
at 0x97 sbit q2; //p3.4
at 0xb6 sbit q3; // p3.5
at 0xb7 sbit q4; // p3.6
at 0xa6 sbit line;
at 0xa7 sbit ring;
at 0xa2 sbit load1;
at 0xa3 sbit load2;
at 0xa4 sbit load3;
at 0xa5 sbit load4;

its not all of the variables but youll get the point...

so I cant use at .. and I prefer 'at' since I am used to it although I could use the define command and data command

the code is long - very long and I dont want my code to be online... its a project.
can I talk/write to you in private ?

well I tryed to find differnet programs and the only one is sdcc how can I compile or make an hex file from c source file.
I tryed the command sdcc sourcefile.c. but it didnot work what i am doing wrong ?

intead of
at 0xa1 sbit e;
in original copied file ,

change it to:
__sbit __at 0xa1 e;
for sdcc.

try one line.
on no error for the same line,

use a text editor to 'find and replace' command for changing the required format.

Status
Not open for further replies.