Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

URGENT!!! Helping ME about Antenna Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho Wong

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone!!

For a stripline balun antenna, what is the most suitable software for its design?? Thanks a lot.

Ho Wong

You can use any planar simulator (HFSS, IE3D, etc), I would not use a NEC based program as that will not allow you to use dielectrics. Of course you can use a full 3D simulator that allows 3D magnetic/dielectrics, but simulation time is longer in most cases.

Meshing structures where a trace (stripline) is between two planes acting as ground may require manual intervention (to align the ground meshing with the trace meshing).

If you use a microstrip and use "ground" in a planar simulator, you should cut away a large portion of the ground in case of antennas that will be on the edge of a PCB (so there is no ground under the antenna).

Last edited:
I think for a strip line balun antenna CST is ,probably, the most appropriate tool. Its GUI for structure design is very powerful, you can add your own VBA code lines, also its Transient Simulator is very fast as compared to other softwares.

CST is based on time domain techniques. If you have a small structure and you want broadband results in short time, the answer is YES to use CST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back