Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switched mode power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibo1978

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to make two switched mode power supplies with proper bypassing for rf-range the supply should work at 3.3 V with a power of 2.5 W, the design should be as small as possible can anyone supply me with resources

May be MAXIM Regulator series for RF applications can help you,
for example

**broken link removed**

If you're concerned about noise but want efficiency then you can use a switching power supply to step down to about 5V then use a LDO linear power supply to step down to 3.3V.

Try quality caps to further suppress ripple noise at output.

Also use a ferrite beat from 5V to 3.3V stage.

Hello

Another idea, you can use low voltage logic inverters the work from 3.3 volt and use as many gates as you want to make the switching power supply to obtain 2.5 watt.

Regards

A book about Switched Mode Power Supply

h**p://

Hello

Try Texas Instruments power management products, anr plug-in power modules, you may find something good for what you want.

Regards

I want to make a DC_DC converter too. I've readn about the TL494 , and I want do it but don't know how to calculate the transform . Can I use the transform in AT/ATX power supply and how to use it (calculate).Could you help me ?

Can I use the MOSFET ex :IRF540,IRF640,IRFZ44.... for this circuit ?(I want to increase it's power)

If the DC-DC converter does not need isolation, then you do not need a transformer, you can just build a buck regulator. There are plenty of buck regulators and controllers out there for this job.

I would not use the TL494 for a DC-DC. There are many other IC's that can do the job. Is isolation really necessary? If so, I can tell you how to calculate the transformer, but if at all possible try to avoid using one.

In my country , it's hard to find more IC for this job (maybe I don't know) .Could you post here several name of them or link for me . Before I always think transform is good for DC to DC converter . Now I want to make the 12VDC to 24VDC and more than 4A .

Added after 3 hours 47 minutes:

If isolation not necessary .Which IC you usually use for this work

A very popular chip is the UC3843. The only drawback is that you most likely need a current tranformer, since the current sense voltage is relatively high, about 0.7V.

A chip with much lower sense voltage (0.1V) is the MAX668, boost converter from Maxim. I cannot say for sure if you can use it for 100W output, but you can always use a MOSFET driver. Nice part. I used it in several designs.

I hope I understood correctly that you wanted a DC-DC 12V in, 24V out. If you can provide just a few more details, I may be able to suggest something.

Also check out Linear Technology, Texas Instruments, National, Micrel and ST websites.

I'm making an mini machine .It's motor using 24VDC but we want use 1 (not 2) 12V4Ah battery because several reason .So we must have a 12VDC to 24 VDC converter .Here it requirement have out put at 24VDC and current out more than 3Amp

I'm ordering sample this from Maxim . If they come I'll ask you about inductor

Well,now I've got 2 max668.It rather small.

how do u use a irf ina circuit?????i want d biasing circiut for it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.