Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Strange problem with L5793D switching regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

blapcb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a circuit with a L5973D switching regulator to provide 3.8v and am facing a peculiar problem. The circuit is as per the design reference in the datasheet and the feedback resistors are given to provide 3.8v output (10K and 4.7K). Initially, I get 3.8v. But while leaving the circuit connected, it starts inching up about 10mV every 10 minutes or so. Furthermore, powering down the circuit and then back up does not cause it to provide 3.8v again. Wondering what's going on....

(circuit attached)

Attachments

• L5973D circiut.JPG
    L5973D circiut.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 101

It is tricky to find the datasheet - I think it is obsolete. Anyway, I am surprised it works at all - C51 should be 220pF not 220uF.

Keith.

Is it triggered by OTP (Over Temperature Protection)?

In which case I would look for thermal effects. Is it getting hot? Does the voltage recover if it is turned off for a while?

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.