Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency divider with NCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie.za

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi at all

I have to descrived in vhdl a rate generator with a NCO.
I have a phase increment (2^32)*fo/fi (where fo is the frequency I want and fi is the core frequency), 0<fo<fi/2, and I take the output from the MSB of NCO.
With increments of 80000000h, 40000000h I get fo=fi/2, fi/4, etc., but what can I do with the others values (e.g. 70000000)? The output is not correct. :roll:
Thanks.

Regards.

what do you mean by "not correct".
I guess you saw some waveforms seemed to be not regular or complete as that in your mind.
That's fine.
That's how NCO works.
If you want to see a perfect sinusoid wave, you may use an analog lowpass filter to filter the output of NCO.

Yes. I've used an inappropriate sentence.
I've to generate a block for the code rate of a PRN sequence (CDMA demodulation for GPS channel receiver). Up to now, I known the frequency of the code and it was created by coreclk freq division (with NCO). But I didn't know the core frequency! This was the problem.
Today morning, I've discovered that the coreclk is multiple of code frequency.
However, the clock division by a no-integer value is a big problem.
Someone can help me for this task?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.