Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pendrive to pendrive transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivasas

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear brothers & sisters.....
hi.....
I am going to do aproject: Pendrive to pendrive data transfer with out p.c.
please help me..
What controller i have to use?
And how to convert serial to USB?
Circuits related to this in websites....
plz...plz.....plzz.....pllzzzzz....

This is not the approach to do any project.....................

you should tell what controllers you are aware, programming languages etc.

If you are doing pendrive to pen drive then you need USB ports.

First select which controller you want to use, PIC, AVR, LPC series etc.

Then you ask help here. do you need circuit, code, or entire project..
In case you need a readymade project, then

ask somebody give me link to ready made project. if you want to do it, ask these are my prerequisites, how should i approach.
definetely everybody will help here

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

there was already a thread recently on the same topic. make a search in this forum. maybe you get all your answers

sorry sir......
I am a fresher to doing major projects.Sory for my approach..
Actually i am familiar with 8051. But it has only one serial port.. So i am choosing AVR controller. What i have known is first i have to use two serial to USB converters, one to read data from first pendrive, and another to write it in to second one. So i am finding about the circuitry for serial to USB converter.....
Are the above steps correct sir??

There is nothing to be sorry here. Since you are new i just told this so that you get your ansewrs fast.or else we need to ask you more questions to give answers.

You get usb to serial converters in the market. about 250rs each. there are controllers that provide USB interface too, like PIC, LPC as i told in my earlier reply.
So what are you comfortable using converters or controllers which offer USB ports.

as i said do a search in this forum, for your requirement. it is already answeres by experts here,

Please understand how USB works too. You can not normally connect a serial to USB converter to a pen drive. USB has two different ends, a host controller that provides the power and control signals and the client end (the pen drive) that responds to the host and provides the interface to the mass storage.
What you need is a USB host device, there are a few IC made that can interface a microprocessor to a pen drive but a better solution is to use a microcontroller with a built in USB host interface. Look at the PIC24F series of devices for help. I would forget using the 8051 for this application.
Brian.

VF2F2- is common in USB terminology it is USB Flash Disk File-to-file Transfer

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Are you talking about this https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/DataSheets/Modules/DS_VF2F2.pdf

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

betwixt is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT

If you are looking to make a device to copy from one device to another you have a lot more than the interface level to wory about (think different drive size issues for one).

You should also have a hunt around the Internet for "USB-to-go"

Trying to read a USB memory device via a USB serial device is going to cause you lots of problems because they work in very different ways.

If you prefer "written materials" then have a look for the book "USB mass storage" by Jan Axelson ISBN 1-931448-04-3 and the attendant website **broken link removed**

Yes sir..........
I want to made a device(project) like this...
But here it is as a readymade....

Status
Not open for further replies.